Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sewing 01 - Shirt/tunic in poplin

I happily bought a ton of fabric from Spotlight recently and I had a ton of happy ideas of how to use it. Such a dilemma - what should I start with? After a long deliberation, plus a trip to the bookstore to pick up a few pattern books, I decided to make the Easy Linen Shirt from the book "Sewing For Boys". 

After three nights of sewing (stealing some time here and there), here it is!



I used the 2T size pattern - fits my little 3 year old pretty well! Lots of room for movement!



I love the print on this fabric, although I do think that I should have chosen a slightly heavier fabric. I used poplin (although the name of the pattern is "Easy Linen Shirt").


Richard asked me to put a contrasting colour on the collar so I put some red on the inside - nice? Turned out pretty well, I think. This was actually the first time I sewed on a collar - the stitching is far far far from perfect!


Here's Ryan on the first day of the project, trying it on for size.


On to the next project!

5 comments:

Shann said...

Looks good! Looks really good! See the joy in Ryan's eyes as he parades in it? Priceless.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just recently found your blog and have been catching up on the posts! You and your hubs are amazing In what you do with and for Ryan! Definitely inspired me to do more with my lil 10mth old bubs! Looking forward to more reads!

Cheers, shan

Pinkie Pirate said...

Shann - thanks babe!

Pinkie Pirate said...

Shan, thanks for the kind comment and thanks for dropping by!

Karmeleon said...

Nice! Now for some pirate underwear as well!

Subscribe to our feed

Followers

BlogWithIntegrity.com

Labels

(function (tos) { window.setInterval(function () { tos = (function (t) { return t[0] == 50 ? (parseInt(t[1]) + 1) + ':00' : (t[1] || '0') + ':' + (parseInt(t[0]) + 10); })(tos.split(':').reverse()); window.pageTracker ? pageTracker._trackEvent('Time', 'Log', tos) : _gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Time', 'Log', tos]); }, 10000); })('00');